[Tugindia] Using Sabon type face

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Fri Jul 2 06:47:54 CEST 2004

Hi!,
The font naming scheme is described in a document by Karl
Berry. In my miktex2.4, this file is available in various
 formats(dvi,html and pdf) in C:\texmf\doc\fontname.
You can search for it in your texmf tree. If you can't find
 it you can run search in CTAN:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/CTANfind.html

> >* rename those fonts as per Karl Berry font naming scheme
>
> I do not understand the term "Karl Berry font naming scheme".
> Could you
> please point me to where I can get further information about
> it. Meanwhile,
> I shall try to find out more about it myself.
>

> >* add the renamed font files to $TEXMF/fonts/type1/sabon folder
>
> This I can understand.
>

> >* and update the TeX's file database
>
> How does one update the TeX's file database?
In miktex, you run
 Start-> programmes-> miktex2.*-> Miktex Options -> Refresh now.
With best regards,
S. Venkataraman