[Tugindia] ltxprimer-1.0

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Sat Jan 3 06:23:18 CET 2004

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 Kev wrote :
>Hello all,

>I downloaded the src of ltxprimer, unzipped, untarred
>and when tried to run primer.tex under Win XP I get
>the following error messages:

>! LaTeX Error: Unknown option `oldstyle' for package
>`sabon'.
>
>(C:\texmf\tex\latex\hyperref\hpdftex.def
>! Undefined control sequence.
>l.320 \pdfoutput
>                 =1
>...and so forth.

In the archieves it was mentioned by CVR to commentout the line beginning with \usepackage{sabon} in the tutorial.sty file. I have done like that. Still I encountered some problems. But, I could get output upto 136 pages (using pdflatex).

>I just wanted to know if the SRC file is for reference
>only or is it compilable under LaTeX, or whether I
>should download the PDF version.

If you want the LaTeX Primer - it is better download the pdf file. But if you want to see how  the document was composed or if you want to lend your hand in indexing etc. of the document, or to correct any typos etc. you try the source file.

VenuGopal