[Tugindia] landscape mode

amaity at vsnl.net amaity at vsnl.net
Thu Feb 19 02:30:52 CET 2004

> landscape mode?
> > >
> > > \documentclass[landscape]{article}
> > >
> > > Manjusha
> > > -- -----------------------------------------
> >
> > No that doesn't seem to work. The DVI output displays the page in
> > portrait style and the letters, figures, etc are also displayed in
> > portrait style.
> >

> Something wrong with your set up or you havent stated your
> requirementsin a way that I understand. As far as I can see
> Manjusha's suggestion
> works.
>
> The "landscape" option asks TeX to format the document for paper that
> is "wide" instead of "tall". Thus the usual height and width of a4
> paperare interchanged.
>
> This produces a dvi file. You then need to tell "dvips" to output a
> landscape style page by using "dvips -t landscape". You can also view
> this using "xdvi -paper a4r".
>
> It works here (Debian GNU/Linux "testing" version with TeX version
> 3.14159 and dvips version 5.92b). It should work similarly with other
> systems.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kapil.

I am using the TexLive-7 in the Windows enviornment. Unfortunately I do not have a postscript viewer and hence cannot check the ps output. The windvi output gives me a portrait view after using the commands suggested.

I am actually trying to generate some electrical control schematic diagrams using the \picture command.

A. Maity