[Tugindia] lines jutting out

Sridhar M.A. sridharma at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:02:04 CET 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:29:01 +0530 (IST), Baburaj A. Puthenveettil
<apbabu at mecheng.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:

>         Can anybody tell me how to make lines which sometimes jut out of
> the paragraphs to break automatically at the textwidth?

TeX breaks the words as per the hyphenation pattern it seems
appropriate. If it cannot find the
appropriate place to break a word, like when it comes across names,
technical terms, etc., it prints it out for you to look into the word
and suggest a good place to break. Just put \- at the place where you
want TeX to break the word.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.