[Tugindia] MikTeX download error

Tyagi, Anupam atyagi at ncaer.org
Fri Dec 3 12:36:53 CET 2004

Hi,

I am trying to install a package from IISc mirror using MikTeX package
manager.  It gives me error in the last lines of the following log. Can
anyone tell me how to fix this, or what to tell the network people in my
organization to get this fixed. I had used the same package manager a few
months ago without any problems.

Thanks,

Anupam.

****** Install Log***
Starting package installation...
Installation folder: C:\programslocal\miktex\texmf
Package repository:
ftp://mirror.csa.iisc.ernet.in/tex-archive/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/
DBlight signature: ec50735ca21b1159520e75a46dd595de
Estimating expenditure...
  downloading: 129030 bytes
   installing: 10 files (1 packages)
downloading
"ftp://mirror.csa.iisc.ernet.in/tex-archive/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages
/a0poster.cab" (unknown size)...

Error: The file

ftp://mirror.csa.iisc.ernet.in/tex-archive/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/
a0poster.cab

cannot be downloaded for the following reason:

Proxy Error ( The user name was not allowed. Try a different name, or retry
the same name after verifying that it is typed correctly.  )
Package installation didn't complete.