[Tugindia] Re: Bibliography entry

Rijo John rijo at igidr.ac.in
Mon Aug 9 07:29:57 CEST 2004

Dear Anurag,

 Thanks for your suggestion. Could you suggest an "authorless and
yearless" bib item.  I also use natbib and have never come across
something  like that. whether I use @book or @article or what ever it all
require "author".

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Anurag Sharma wrote:

:You may alternatively try "authorless and yearless references" supported
:by natbib package.
:-Anurag
:
:>
:> Dear Tex users,
:>
:> I have a .bib file entry as follows:
:>
:> @book{wb99,
:> author		="World Bank",
:> title		="Curbing Epidemics",
:> year		="1999",
:> publisher	="World Bank"
:> }
:>
:> In the body of the text when I give the command \citep{wb99}
:> I would like the author name to be written as (World Bank 1999)
:> But the problem I am facing is that irrespective of the style files
:> I am specifying the text will appear as most likely (Bank 1999). That is
:> simply because that is the way latex understand the author and it only
:> gives the second name of the author in the body of the text. Is there a
:> way  out of this problem.. I want latex to write only the second
:> name of the author in the body text but at the same time if the author is
:> world bank or any other such organizations I would like the entire name to
:> be printed on the body text. (if I write "World-Bank" as my author in the
:> bibtex file the problem is half solved.. but the "-" mark will remain in
:> the body along with world bank.
:>
:> I would be happy if any one could suggest a way out.
:>
:> Regards,
:> Rijo John.