[Tugindia] Dev style

Amitabh Trehan amitabhtrehan at softhome.net
Tue Sep 16 11:59:16 CEST 2003

Hi,
 There are certain problems with dev.sty esp. the previous version. I
think they  have tried to sort it in the latest version on CTAN. I
havn't tested.
 Firstly, don't indent your latex source code - wherever there is
indentation devnag will give 'Trishuls' which by the way is the
character psi - The greeks/Latin did not know about shivji!.

Secondl, include the following in the preamble:

\catcode`^^I=\active
\def\dash{\hspace*{2em}}
\let ^^I\dash

... and Best of Luck,

Amitabh

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 15:28, Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found that when I inserted dev sty file in preamble, I got some funny
> charaters in my included tex file which is c++ program and I am
> including it in \begin{verbatim}
> \end{verbatim}
> No data loss but exta character like 'trishul' comming  at many places
> at starting of lines.
> I am using miktex 2.2 and dev.sty for some devnagri fonts.
> How can I overcome this problem?
>

> regards,
> Manjusha Joshi

Amitabh Trehan <amitabhtrehan at softhome.net>
Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hiindi Vishwavidyalaya