[Tugindia] Table width

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Sep 2 17:16:53 CEST 2003

Arun Kejariwal schrieb:
>     I am using a two column mode. Inspite of using \tiny, my table is
> overflowing the column boundary. How do I manipulate the table width. My
> priority is to fit the table with in the column irrespective of how much
> it shrinks the font size. Is there a way to force latex to fit in the
> table in the cloumn width irrespective of the font size. Any pointers???

use resizebox

Herbert

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt,twocolumn]{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\begin{document}

\begin{table}[!h]
\resizebox{\linewidth}{!}{%
\begin{tabular}{c|c|c|c|c|cccc}
blah & blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah \\
blah & blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah \\
blah & blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah \\
blah & blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah &blah \\
\end{tabular}%
}
\caption{Hardware Library}\label{table:exlib}
\end{table}

\end{document}