[Tugindia] different textheight for title page

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Tue Oct 28 10:14:21 CET 2003

> >I do it by defining textheight and textwidth in preamble ( before
>
> That will change all the page heights and widths. I have a width and
> height of the title page different from the all other pages.
> The common
> page style I have defined in the style file. But I do not
> know how and
> where to change the textheight and width of title page alone.

Hi,
You have to do define a pagestyle.
For example,
\def\ps at firstpage{%
\textwidth=xx,\textheight=ab% etc
}
You can also set the headers and footers within this.
You can invoke this page style by the command
\thispagestyle{firstpage}
I suppose by package, you mean a .sty file.
I have modified the book.cls to create my own class
 and I have used the commmand above to have a different first page.
I have not tried it in a package. You can try it out.
 May be someone else with more expertise will be able to clarify.
With best regards,
S. Venkataraman.