[Tugindia] windvi / itrans problem

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Tue Oct 21 13:35:41 CEST 2003

Hi!
I left out the most important part. You have to run the
 tex-hash or its equivalent to refresh the file name database.
Other than this, everything should be fine.
I do not understand why the dvi file ends up in
c:/Program Files/NTEmacs/bin/example.dvi. Take a look at the
.emacs file to see if there is some setting that does this.
I installed emacs and miktex following the instructions given in
http://www.math.auc.dk/~dethlef/Tips/
May be you can look at the same .emacs file given there.
I am somewhat handicapped in this matter because I use another
tex distribution.
Best of luck,
Venkataraman