[Tugindia] Query... printing two pages (in book-sized format) on A4

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred at bytesforall.org
Thu Oct 9 00:27:07 CEST 2003

Hi, I'm using Lyx. Being a journo, getting words onto paper is my job, but
not usually formatting them. But, under the inspiration of the Free
Software mode of production, some of us journalists here have come
together to collaboratively write and put-out an e-book. It is aimed at
critiquing journalism in Goa.

Our dream is to one-day possibly print this e-book.

I'm quite a newbie to Lyx, leave along TeX. Can someone help me with this:
how to I print two book-sized pages on an A4 page, so that a photo-copy of
the e-book looks like a real book? Also, this would allow us to take the
required-size print outs, if the possibilities of printing arise.

As of now, I can only manage printing a single page on A4. If I use the
horizontal format, and include two pages in it (i) it's hard to read the
page, as it doesn't seem to turn to horizontal format in ghostview (ii)
can't seem able to separate the space between the two pages (gutter) and
(iii) the chapter title spreads across both the pages, making the product
look ugly.

Any suggestions from you helpful folk? FN
Frederick Noronha (FN)        | http://www.fredericknoronha.net
Freelance Journalist          | http://www.bytesforall.org
http://goalinks.pitas.com     | http://joingoanet.shorturl.com
http://linuxinindia.pitas.com | http://www.livejournal.com/users/goalinks