[Tugindia] doubts on tables

E. Krishnan ekmath at md5.vsnl.net.in
Fri May 30 08:50:47 CEST 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, #NAZIMUDEEN NAVEEN# wrote:

> 1) , 2)

Answered by Kapil

> 3) in a particular case i have a cell that has three other cells to its
> right,
> so that the right column had three rows, while the left had only one.I
> wanted to centralise the text { both veritcally as well as horizontally
> in the left cell.  How can i do that?

If what you want is to  vertically centralize one cell  with
respect to three cells on the right, use the pakage "multirow" and the
command "\multirow" as specified in the documentation. To centralize the
text in this cell horizontally, use the command

	\renewcommand{\multirowsetup}{\centering}

> This being my first query on the net if it is lengthy and the style of
> posting is not apt for a mailing list post do bear with me.

No need to be apologetic. One of the purposes of this list is to help
beginners. But do keep Kapil's advice in mind :)

--
Krishnan