[Tugindia] Row height in a table

Baskaran.K baskaran at sps.co.in
Tue May 27 11:00:07 CEST 2003

Hi,
     Could some one let me know how to increase the row height in a table.
Basically, I want to increase the distance between the text and the \hline.

Thanks,
Arun

Dear sir,

If you want adjust distance between text and the \hline, just you give
command
in the  above hline text \vrule height0pt width0pt depth10pt and also give
the command
below \hline text \vrule height15pt width0pt depth0pt
This command will not affect table verticle rules (\vline) as the command
\\[10pt]

or use the package tabls.sty

For example

text & text\vrule height0pt width0pt depth10pt & text\\
\hline
text\vrule height15pt width0pt depth0pt & text & text\\

you can adjust the values as your requirements

Regards
Baskaran NK