[Tugindia] Re: A Day with TeX and Friends in Bangalore

yoga at math.iisc.ernet.in yoga at math.iisc.ernet.in
Fri May 9 12:54:25 CEST 2003

The proposed launch of the Karnataka Chapter and the day with TeX and
frineds went off very well. Originally it was planned on 7th but since CVR
and friends (= TeX and frineds!) got stuck in Goa for an extra day we had
to postpone it to 8th at short notice. So IT secretary couldnt attend and
CVR lighted the lamp inaugurating the chapter. It was followed by a CVR's
presentation, lunch (thanks to Abhas and Co) and Anilkumar's presentation.
(Unfortunately, Dr. E. Krishnan couldnt make the trip and so was not
here.) There was lot of lively discussion at both sessions and a few
engineering college students who were present seemed to have been bitten
by the TeX bug!

Abhas and M A Sridhar (of Mysore University) will together be leading the
Karnatka Chapter. There will be a more complete report of the event by
Abhas Abhinav.

I would like to thank Amitabh Trehan and A. Ramakalyan for their best
wishes.

C S Yogananda
MO-Cell (NBHM, DAE)
Dept. of Mathematics