[Tugindia] (No Subject)

E. Krishnan ekmath at md5.vsnl.net.in
Wed May 7 09:08:58 CEST 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Vijay Kumar wrote:

> One of my friend want something different what we do in regular
> LaTeXing. He has shown me the book and asked me to make a page just
> like that for him. Here is the performa which he had shown me.

If only what follows is required, it's not difficult at all, as any book
on LaTeX will show you.

> If I do in article it dose not
> display the page number at the left and right corners of each facing
> page with the author and title.

If you want to tweak the headers, try the "fancyhdr" package.

> {small}
> This is a smallfont, bold and italic line
> This is a smallfont line
> This is a smallfont line
> {/small}

This is easily done by

	{\small
  	 \textbf{\textit{small, bold, italic}}\\
  	 small, neither bold nor italic}

> {center}

For centering text, enclose it within "\begin{center}...\end{center}"

> Centered Little Big Font line\\

Make up your mind. Do you want "Little" or  "Big"?  :)
Actually there are several size-changing commands avaiable in LaTeX,
ranging from "\tiny" to "\Huge"

> {abstract}
> Smaller font then the regular one.
> {/abstract}

There is an "abstract" environment available in the "article" and "report"
class.

> {section}
> Left aligned numbered
> {/section}

This is what you get in the default setup of the various "sectioning"
commands such as "\section"

> {reference}
> left aligned 'References' and the numbered lines
> {/reference}

Again, the default setup  of the "thebibliography" environment.

> {address}
> Address in regular font.
> {/address}

You can include address in the "\author" command.

Please keep in mind that to do anything in TeX, you require a fair amount
of reading.

--
Krishnan