[Tugindia] A question about links

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Jun 4 18:55:31 CEST 2003

    Sankarshan> i am a sometime user of TeX, using it to produce
    Sankarshan> papers that contain some amount of mathematical
    Sankarshan> symbols. however, right now my father is getting his
    Sankarshan> feet wet in the process. the problem is that with me a
    Sankarshan> soft copy of a manual is always welcome. at his age,
    Sankarshan> he feels that a book or something similar will help
    Sankarshan> him a lot. can someone point out resources - book(s),
    Sankarshan> CDs containing resource material that can be printed
    Sankarshan> [am willing to purchase it] and/or web resources to
    Sankarshan> documents/tutorials that can be printed out ?

You can take a look the TUGIndia tutorial pages  at:

  http://www.tug.org.in/tutorials.html

It has a printable version of tutorial.

CTAN (the TeX respository) has a documentation directory at:

  ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/documentation/

'A Not so short introduction to LaTeX' might be a good starter apart
from the TUGIndia tutorials.

Books:

* Knuth, DE, The TeXBook, Addison-Wesley, 2000

* Lamport, L, LaTeX -- A Document Preparation System, Addison-Wesley

* Goossens, M, et al., LaTeX Companion, Addison Wesley

* Digital Typography Using LaTeX, Springer