[Tugindia] Width of Caption

H S Rai hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in
Fri Jul 18 14:49:43 CEST 2003

Today at 12:39pm +0530 Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

>   >>>>> "HSR" == H S Rai <hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in> writes:
>
>       HSR> Is there any  way to fix width of caption  equal to width
>       HSR> of table?  Sometimes, it happen  that for less wide table
>       HSR> with long  caption, caption is covering  whole text-width
>       HSR> while table covering only one third of that.
>
>   You don't seem  to have tried my Table.sty which  I told you about
>   in a  previous thread.  Table.sty  takes care of what  you require
>   now.

You are right. I tried that package  once and posted feedback dated 16
Nov  2002 on  IndicDev <indic-dev at tug.org>  mailing list  with subject
"Re: [Tugindia] Table.sty".

At that time my problem was  solved by `sidewaystable'. So, then I did
not feel any requirement to further  use or test that. You really need
to publicize such advantages in the  interest of users.  BTW, has that
package released on CTAN?

--
H.S.Rai    http://www.grex.org/~hsrai | Registered Linux User # 223684
http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=223684

I find that a great part of the information I have, was
acquired by looking up  something and finding something
else on the way.                  --- Franklin P. Adams