[Tugindia] Eps Reduction

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Thu Jan 30 22:48:28 CET 2003

"S.Ragu" <ragus at dishnetdsl.net> writes:

> Thank you very much, it works good, and reduced most of my manual
> calculations at the final stage (Author Alterations) of Art reductions.

Don't top post with unedited fullquote below: it makes reading your
stuff very arduous.

> > On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, S.Ragu wrote:
> >
> > > Dear
> > > I likes to minimize the EPS file to 90% of their dimentions. Is any
> > > options available in epsf.sty.
> > > \begin{figure}
> > > \centerline{\epsfxsize=158pt\epsffile[22 50 198 247]{ragu.eps}}
> > > \caption{......}
> > > \end{figure}
> >
> > please try the following
> >
> > \begin{figure}
> > \def\epsfsize#1#2{0.5#1}
> > \centerline{\epsffile{ragu.eps}}
> > \caption{......}
> > \end{figure}

epsfig is a very outdated package.  Is there a particular reason you
don't use graphicx which has been available for a lot of years now?

With it you can say things like
\includegraphics[width=0.8\textwidth]
to scale to fit 80% of the total width, or use the scale=0.5 option
or a number of other things.

UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>