[Tugindia] alignment in a table across rows

S.Ragu tugindia@tug.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:11:45 +0530

Dear Mr. Sandip p deshmukh

Please check the following tabular. You can use MULTIROW.STY to do such
table vertical alignment.  Even the can be achieved by using array.sty

\begin{tabular}{|c|c|}
\hline
\multirow{1}{1in}{Common g text} & Column g2a\\
      & Column g2b \\
      & Column g2c \\
      & Column g2d \\
\hline
\multirow{1}[6]{1in}{Common g text} & Column g2a\\\cline{2-2}
      & Column g2b \\
      & Column g2c \\
\hline
\multirow{4}[8]{1in}{Common g text} & Column g2a\\\cline{2-2}
      & Column g2b \\
      & Column g2c \\
      & Column g2d \\
\hline
\end{tabular}

I am not sure about your table preamble. There is some mistake, please
check.

Please check and let me know.

With Warm Regards
S.Ragu