[Tugindia] german chars in std letter

Sivaram Neelakantan tugindia@tug.org
13 Jan 2003 15:12:47 +0530

------=_NextPartTM-000-d9094450-c3af-4b70-a19f-59ff4d073e02

Hello,

In a std letter, one of the address lines is in German, i.e
"Gro=DFHausBerg " .  I'm able to see the char "=DF" in the emacs buffer
but NOT in the generated PDF file. It comes out as "GroHausBerg".  Can
someone tell me how to get german chars in a std english letter?

I confess that I tried the package babel with the option german
thinking that it would solve it all but it didn't.  Another thing, the
address line was cut and pasted from a MS email mail into the emacs
buffer so I'm not sure whether this is an input encoding issue too.

I'm using ntemacs+auctex+cygwinized tex installation.

regards,
Sivaram
--

------=_NextPartTM-000-d9094450-c3af-4b70-a19f-59ff4d073e02

 Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

------=_NextPartTM-000-d9094450-c3af-4b70-a19f-59ff4d073e02--