[Tugindia] TUG Meet

LinuxLingam linuxlingam at bhairon.com
Wed Apr 23 14:32:35 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 11:47 am, you wrote:

> I read minutes of  a IlugDelhi meeting held at IIT  Delhi a few months
> back and noticed that gathering  was not impressive. The venue has the
> advantage of  having thousands of  students and my impression  is that
> none of them attended that meeting. IMO, a sad thing :-(

well, the ilugdelhi is usually by/for/of members, and i don't expect all IIT
students to be members. plus we held it on a sunday.

> Of course  any activity  need money,  but promotional  talks/ lectures
> need to be free.

yep, the lectures, talks, are all free. atleast at ILUGd they are.

> May be thing  of commercial vendor supporting such  events or TugIndia
> having  a  commerical wing,  who  generate  money  from TeX  work  and
> development work and a  part of thet may be used  for promotion of TeX
> and friends.

i suppose that is a bit far for the moment. but we can discuss this as part
of the agenda at the meet!

:-)
LL