[Tugindia] PStricks 2nd tutorial

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Fri Apr 18 02:28:57 CEST 2003

    VS> Congratulations once again Very useful

Thank you for your encouragement.

    VS> I wonder if i have a buggy install of pdftex/pdflatex i run
    VS> WinEdt on cygwin Win-xp-professional and MikTex On running
    VS> PDFLatex on the file i can get a pdf file for the chap2 but
    VS> every place there is the character `ff' as in effect or
    VS> difference the ourput pdf file has a blank `e ect' or `di
    VS> erence'. Replacing a single f in the tex file gives
    VS> `diference' or `efect' as expected. Has anyone else noticed
    VS> this?

You have an imperfect font setup. The tutorials use LucidaBright
fonts. Probably you might not have the fonts in your TeX system, in
that case the fonts might be substituted with CMR fonts silently by
MikTeX which means there is every likelihood of missing ligatures.
Could you comment out the

  \usepackage{lucidabr}

line in the source TeX file, recompile and see if you still miss the
ligatures.

Best.