[Tugindia] How to remove numbering in boxes.

indrajit at cal2.vsnl.net.in indrajit at cal2.vsnl.net.in
Sun Apr 13 12:42:55 CEST 2003

Dear Friends,
             When we use \begin{thebibliography} \end{thebibliography}, the
serial numbers of the references appear in boxes,like
[1] W.K.Hayman, Meromorphic Functions, Oxford (1964)
[2] H.X.Yi, Meromorphic functions that share two or three values, Kodai
Math.             J.,13 (1990), pp.363-372.
What should I do if I want the serial numbers not to appear in boxes ?
Please help me.  Thanking all
                                      Yours sincerely
                                       Indrajit Lahiri