[Tugindia] LaTeX in schools

Sridhar M.A. mas at uomphysics.net
Mon Apr 7 14:03:17 CEST 2003

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 11:51:48AM +0530, Amitabh Trehan wrote:
   > Woaaa! This is an important discussion. I am only too happy to report
   > that computer novices in our M.Sc. courses at Mahatma Gandhi
   > Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya have taken to Linux and LaTeX (yes,
   > hand creation usig GVim) like ducks to water, but I envisage a shortage
   > of teachers to carry out the job meaningfully.

Nice to know that. Our students, not all but most, took a fancy to
LaTeX. In fact, those with exposure to Word were more vocal in their
support for LaTeX :-D They were won over by the quality, not by ads.

On the editor side, the camp was divided between vim and ktexmaker2.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

"It's like deja vu all over again."   -- Yogi Berra