[Tugindia] LaTeX in schools

H S Rai hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in
Fri Apr 4 19:50:34 CEST 2003

Is there any  possibility to introduce LaTeX  in schools. IMO exposure
of  LaTeX in  schools may  be useful. As  after MS  word being  tought
in  schools, later  students  find  it odd  to  use  LaTeX. It may  be
even  started as  hobby  classes, optional  subject  or compulsory  at
appropriate level.

At least it may be more suitable as vocational course in ITI level.

BTW, GOD may impart common sense to resposible persons who decide what
to teach in  school at what level  and how. Son of my  friends used to
say "Papa's  computer has  interesting stuff, but  what ever  is being
tought  at  his  school  is boring". In  schools  students  are  being
imparted training on  pirated MS office (what type of  future they are
shaping).  In class 4, students are  made to write RT45 (right turn 45
degree) or  LT90 (left  turn 90  degree) or  REPEAT360, in  LOGO, when
students are not exposed to concept of angles, its measurement. That's
why I stressed `appropriate level' above.

--
H.S.Rai    http://www.grex.org/~hsrai | Registered Linux User # 223684
http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=223684

" The trouble with  computers is that they do what  you tell them, not
what you want. " -- D. Cohen