[Tugindia] TUGINdia Journal

KG Kumar kg at tug.org.in
Thu Apr 3 15:03:49 CEST 2003

Below is a proposed structure for the revamp of the TUGIndia Journal.
Please go through and suggest changes/additions. Meanwhile, does anyone
know of a good cartoonist we can use? Also, anyone with ideas for
articles or contributions to any of these sections, please do mail me.

 TUGIndia Journal

Proposed Structure (Sections/Departments):

eterm -- From the Editor's Desk

      Editorial overview of the issue

Commentary

	Opinion piece on some TeX-related matter

Backslash: Bouquets & Brickbats from Readers

	  Letters/responses from readers

Forum

	Discussion bulletin board on TeX issues

ReporTeX

	Brief reports of TeX events, in two sections -- India & the
	Rest of the World. News snippets.

Articles

	Longer, detailed articles on TeX subjects & experiences

Born Again: From the Archives

     Old articles from TUG journals around the world

Gallery

     Examples of what has been done with TeX in the Indian context

Links: TUGs around the world

       Listing of urls

TeX Resources

    urls, libraries, books, etc.

TeXnicalia: Tips, Hints & Hacks

	   TeX/LaTeX problems & solutions

Book Reviews

Calendar/Diary

	TUGIndia corner: what's been happening in TUGIndia
	Forthcoming events in the TeX world

Verbatim

	A quote from a TeX guru, say, some passage fm. Knuth's
        TeXbook.

Trivlist

	Trivia from the world of TeX: e.g. how did the TeX cartoons
	originate? What does Knuth think of emacs? etc.

begin\{smile}

	Cartoon of the Issue

--
KG Kumar