[Tugindia] Good LaTeX for beginner on Windows

H.S.Rai tugindia@tug.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:34:13 +0530 (IST)

Hi list members,

I want  to introduce LaTeX  to my friends  who are window  users. As I
never used LaTeX on window, I have some doubt. Please clarify them.

1) If one  uses "TexnicCenter", then does he need  Mike LaTeX port. Or
user need any one of them.

2) Does these are included in TeXLive7, or their equivalent. If not,
what TeXLive7 offer for window users.

3)  Which is  the best  LaTeX  varient for  window user  as per  their
standard of easeness and friendliness. I heard fpTeX is good.

Though, I know it is a matter if choice, but still question is what to
recommend to a beginner.

--
H.S.Rai