[Tugindia] Spacing after sentences in Emacs/LaTex

Sivaram Neelakantan tugindia@tug.org
30 Oct 2002 09:52:20 +0530

------=_NextPartTM-000-ed509260-4213-4af7-b1f7-dcac7c1bcc57

Hello,

In Emacs, sentences are recognised by the fact that it starts after 2
spaces after a period.  I believe this is the american way of doing
it(at least that's how it says in manual).  Does latex too, do the
same?  I mean when typeset, it doesn't appear to leave 2 spaces, so
what convention does it use?  If space between sentences is actually a
rubber length which can be stretched or squeezed depending on the line
being typeset, how does it typeset a new sentence?

regards,
Sivaram
p.s subscribed in digest mode,  replies may be delayed.
--

------=_NextPartTM-000-ed509260-4213-4af7-b1f7-dcac7c1bcc57

 Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

------=_NextPartTM-000-ed509260-4213-4af7-b1f7-dcac7c1bcc57--