[Tugindia] Re: [Howtos]marathi fonts, and TOAST

Ajit Ranade tugindia@tug.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:09:07 +0530 (IST)

dear bish

i will cross post this discussion on tugindia. thanks for your offer.

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, USM Bish wrote:

> > anyway, i would be happy to  contribute tex tips to LOST.  but
> > really they ought to exist in a separate  TOAST  database 'cos
> > tex is linux-independent.
> >

> How true ! If you want to open a  seperate  TOAST site, you are
> definitely welcome to use any of the  scripts/ programs  hosted
> on the LOST project as per GPL conventions ... can  render  you
> any assistance you may need ...
>
> If you want us to open another section on  TOASTs  on the  LOST
> page, I can put it as a third database (and fortune.db file) on
> our site on completely different page.  Of course, the credits,
> licensing, format etc would have to be decided by you. The for-
> mat of LOST snippets are:
>
> a) 62 chars wide
> b) "####" seperated header and credits bars
> c) GDPL copyrighted territory segregated by colons (:)
> d) Has a "Sub : " line [ Subject length < 42 chars ]
> e) #LOST Number on 54th char of Sub line.
>
> This is just for guidelines, in case you want to start similar
> things for TeX. You can make your own rules, but once made you
> cannot change much, becuase  scripts/ programs for  your TOAST
> project rlies on some level of consistancy in format. However,
> to have a seperate TOAST category of some value  the number of
> tips should be 50+
>
> Best wishes for TOAST ...

i can see that it is best if TOAST resides with you, but let it also have
a separate existence (along with being part of LOST).

ok tugindia folks, time to start building the TOAST database.

cheers

ajit.