[Tugindia] The cooking started.

Duvvuri Venu Gopal tugindia@tug.org
19 Oct 2002 03:14:26 -0000

Hello Dr. Dinesh Karia :

Your reply to following question :

>I have ordered The TeXBook and the other by Lamport. But before it arrives, can anybody point to a tutorial which explains \textbf{all} \TeX and \LaTeX commands and using which one can learn how to decode a  .cls, .sty,.clo, .def files!!

is already in my previous Suggestions-2. However, I am again giving the relevant part :

While searching the internet/www I came across the following documents which I found very useful. Later I learnt that some of these documents are already distributed with the TeX/LaTeX distribution as *.tex files. I am giving below the details:

1)	LaTeX 2e for class and package writers. The LaTeX3 Project,
        1997.(clsguide.pdf)
2)	Standard Document Classes for LaTeX version 2e*. Leslie Lamport
        (1992) revised by Frank Mittelbach & Johannes Braams (1997).
3)	Standard Letter Document Class for LaTeX version 2e. Leslie
        Lamport, Frank Mittelbach and Rainer Sch\”opf. (1998).
4)	LaTeX2e font selection. LaTeX3 Project Team. 2000.
        (fntguide.tex)
5)	Configuration options for LaTeX2e. LaTeX3 Project Team. 2001.
        (cfgguide.tex)
6)	Modifying LaTeX. LaTeX3 Project Team. 1995. (modguide.tex)

No. (2) is nothing but the document.cls with explanation to code. The document.cls consists of  1339 lines of code! In the same way (3) explains the letter.cls and it contains 372 lines of code.

>Thanks in advance, (and a selfish (!) wish for the success of the CVR-proposed many point programme).
>
>Dinesh Karia

By the by does any one have the MetaFont Book? I would like to see it.

Wishing you all success

D. Venu Gopal