[Tugindia] Online Certification

S. venkataraman tugindia@tug.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:56:39 +0530

> We dont undervalue people. Those who cant follow the tutorials can
> seldom do meaningful work in TeX. And dont think that every Dick, Tom
> and Harry can do everything in the world with some carefully crafted
> pedagogic techniques.
>

> And if you find the tutorials are not written in the way that it
> should be, please revise it in the way it should be. TUGIndia are only
> happy to re-release the modified versions. You know, all the tutorials
> are released under LPPL, which means anyone can edit it and provide a
> better version. Why dont you start doing it right now?
	Yes, I will.  It will take some time though.   I will start on
the first chapter.
	I would like to have the source so that I can modify it.   I
will post the first version
	of the first chapter by the last week of December. I do
appreciate the work put in by TUG India.  I just feel that
	things could be better in this regard and I think I can be of
help.  I have
	been using TEX from 1988 and I think I should give back
something
	to the community.  I am no good in writing macros.  Also, my
knowledge of
	TEX/LATEX is purely functional.  My solutions are not going to
be elegant
	like some of the experts.  This is one area I can contribute. I
am not an expert in
	programming either.