[Tugindia] [Duvvuri Venu Gopal] Some ideas for Indian TeX

Radhakrishnan CV tugindia@tug.org
08 Oct 2002 09:54:34 +0530

[...]

    Dinesh> A natural point. But once somebody like CVR takes the
    Dinesh> lead, the team, I am sure, would be formed.

Thank you very much for your confidence in me. However, there are a few
things against:

1. I am old and have serious health problems which means newer blood
   should step into the scene. I am happy that TUGIndia have several
   of them now and they all're talented, sincere and enthusiastic.
   TUGIndia haven't so far suffered any petty politics that we find in
   similar user groups, therefore, we can go ahead with our projects
   congenially and will be extremely productive.

2. I lead a company, but I do contemplate to retire from the lead role
   soon owing to the reasons told above which is equally applicable to
   my company.

I would request Rai, Dinesh, Sridhar, Amitabh, Venkataraman, Rajkumar,
Venugopal, Yogananda, Ajit, et al (these are the names that popped up
immediately, there are many more) should come forward, form a
development council inside TUGIndia, enlist projects, request
volunteers and co-ordinate the projects. I am sure, if we start now,
next year on this day, we can boast the world that we have done some
work!  Any thoughts?

    Dinesh>  If all goes on well we can distribute IndicTeX.

Yes, that will be great day!