[Tuglist] Environment slide in pdfscreen.sty

David Kastrup tuglist@tug.org.in
12 Jun 2002 15:37:06 +0200

Radhakrishnan CV <cvr@mail.river-valley.org> writes:

> Looks like we won't have any problem with TUG2002 although the
> TUG2002 organising committee have made an announcement to the
> international community about making a decision on TUG2002 only at
> the end of June owing to the tension between India and Pakistan and
> many governments requesting their citizens not to travel to India.

If the travel warning will persist, it will be a huge obstacle to
people coming to TUG2002.  Insurances are not required to cover
voluntary travel into regions under such a warning.  Airlines are not
required to keep up the flights.  Canceling already booked flights is
usually possible (and recommended) without the usual fees.  There
would be considerable danger that outbound flights would be cancelled
if during the conference the situation happened to escalate.

So in particular with the international participation, a lot depends
on the political outcome.  For the best conference attendance and
success, prospective participants should try adjusting their timing
for any plans concerning terroristic or retaliating activities to
after the conference.

All the best,

David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum
Email: David.Kastrup@t-online.de