[Tuglist] A suggestion.

Somendra M Bhattacharjee tuglist@tug.org.in
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:03:25 +0530 (IST)

On 23 Aug 2002, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

> PCQuest or similar ones to carry it? We can provide them a TeXLive 7
> CD for them to duplicate and supply with the issue. TeXLive 7 is a
> ready to run TeX setup for GNU/Linux, Win32 and Mac OS X in a single

o Now that working packages are available for several indian languages,
   may I suggest to include these also, but separately?

o It would be better to keep these packages independent e.g.  under
  "/usr/local/"  for network distribution or, if one wishes, in
  personal home directory to insulate these from upgradation etc
  of the main  tex package.

o Main tex configuration  should also have the default search path that
   includes "/usr/local/"  and home directory.
  (Tex under redhat doesn't do so and one is at mercy of sys-admin to
    do this change.)

o  Is it possible for  tug-india to have its own full tex  pacakge that
    would do justice to indian languages?
    (PCQuest or others may then be approached for distribution)

somen bhattacharjee