[Tuglist] How to typeset Indian languages

Amitabh Trehan tuglist@mail.gnu.org.in
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 22:39:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
 I think such a book is very welcome.
 Presently, I have used the package Devnag for
Devanagari typesetting , which is availabel on the
CTAN network (TUG CDROM doesn't have the latest), one
big poem critique has already been published using it
and (prob.) the first book wholly typeset in it will
be printed next month. There is also a web page
generated using latex2html (by Roos Moore ) from the
devna source. There is also Haralombous's Sinhala
suite which caters to many Indian languages.
 Of course, the revolutionarry Lambda is being worked
on.

Amitabh
--- Apostolos Syropoulos <apostolo@ocean1.ee.duth.gr>

=====