[tlu] TLU critical update still faliing [archives]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Nov 19 00:54:29 CET 2023

    It may very well be the problem is several months old,

It would have started whenever Alma 8 started having the bad version of
makeself. I don't know when that was. I don't think we need to figure it
out, either. But for the record, answering other points ...

    to apply an infrastructure update for quite some time.

It's true that the previous update was back in April.

    Are the previous versions archived somewhere?

Norbert's CTAN git repository tracks (daily) changes to CTAN.
https://git.texlive.info/CTAN
So the different versions will be in systems/texlive/tlnet
across git commits.

I don't know enough git to know how to actually extract or see them.

Thanks,
Karl