[tlu] TLU critical update still faliing

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Fri Nov 17 23:32:40 CET 2023

> On Nov 17, 2023, at 3:16 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm using TeX Live Utility 1.54 under macOS Sonoma 14.1.1, and for a second day, when I start TLU is says "critical updates available." But when I click the Update button and then, as usual, give my macOS user password to allow the update, I get "The update failed" message.
>
>> From the TLU log:

Howdy,

In terminal run

sudo tlmgr update --self

and give you admin password. This will do the proper infrastructure update.

Once that completes running TLU will do all the standard updates.

Right now I'm not sure anyone has a good handle on where the problem with the infrastructure update is happening. Note: TLU uses a different method and that one above for doing the infrastructure update and that seems to be failing for some reason.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
herbs2 at mac.com