[tlu] new beta with possible Ventura fix

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Jan 19 03:14:11 CET 2023

Hi all,

If any of you compulsive early adopters are running Ventura, this new beta might work around Apple's dreadful UI choice that apparently puts my name in your Login Items preference pane. Please let me know if it works or not, although I'm not sure there's anything else I can do. Probably requires a logout/login or restart, since this modifies the scheduled update check agent.

https://github.com/amaxwell/tlutility/issues/134

https://github.com/amaxwell/tlutility/releases/download/1.54b6/TeX.Live.Utility.app-1.54b6.zip

And if you haven't installed Ventura, please do not do so just to test this. My build system is running Big Sur, and I'm sending this email from Mojave :).

thanks,
Adam