[tlu] TLU 1.52 released

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Jan 18 21:41:14 CET 2022

> Le 18 Jan 2022 à 21:03, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> a écrit :
>
> I guess I can remind people that
>
> defaults write com.googlecode.mactlmgr.tlu TLMEnableNetInstall 1
>
> will give you a tab in TLU for installation. I haven't tested it in years, so it could be horribly broken by now, but it's covered in the Help book.

Thanks for this reminder! I wasn't aware at all (if I once was, I had totally forgotten). It's there indeed in the Help, in Features > Installation.

If I understand correctly, one advantage is that the certificate issue is automatically taken care of by TLU, so the user doesn't have deal with it (no setting CURL_CA_BUNDLE, no using sudo -E).

If that becomes a more easily accessible feature (no need to run defaults to make it available), then maybe that might replace the command-line-based procedure deescribed on <https://tug.org/mactex/mactex-unix-download.html>.

I've just activated the feature. Compared with the screenshot in the Help, I have the Variables but not the Options etc. Not that I think anybody in their sane mind would want to mess with these. Are these the same options that are presented in the install-tl GUI?

Bruno