[tlu] Unable to find a valid update server.

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sun May 16 06:56:50 CEST 2021

FWIW, I am on High Sierra (10.13.6), and am having no problems (so far).  I am using Mojca’s darwin-legacy, and there’s no wget on my system.

I haven’t been following this closely, so I may be missing something a bit subtle.

Justin

> On May 15, 2021, at 18:55 , Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> Herbert,
>
> The wget I created only worked for universal-darwin.
>
> I think one person reported trouble on such a recent Mac, but I may be mistaken. I've been updating with no problems. Probably the problems only occur on x86_64-darwinlegacy.
>
> In short, I'm as puzzled as everyone else but suspect that universal-darwin folks have nothing to worry about.
>
> Dick
>
>> On May 15, 2021, at 4:44 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On May 15, 2021, at 4:36 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Subject: [tlu] Unable to find a valid update server.
>>>
>>> Maybe you are on an oldish Mac and you don't have any system curl or
>>> wget available? The wget.x86_64-darwinlegacy binary supplied with TL
>>> does not support SSL, and that is required now by the default repository
>>> url, the https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mirror.ctan.org__;!!C5qS4YX3!UAk0EZFgVYkSyjMhgWej0CK-Pq1DtEA-KtmbPIKf2rc0-MhnlvD9WQgW3KWjUDM$  multiplexor.
>>>
>>> So ... if this may be the case, you might try explicitly specifying an
>>> http (not https) mirror from the list at

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large
Director