[tlu] Update All

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Fri Jul 9 23:22:01 CEST 2021

A silly question: does anybody know what is the keyboard shortcut for Update All in TLU? I don't remember. Possibly Cmd-Alt-U or Cmd-Shift-U.

In macOS Monterey Public Beta (I brought this onto myself by installing it), TLU is absolutely unusable: trying to access the Actions or Configuration menus causes immediate crash. I can see, when opening TLU, that there are two dozens or so of packages to update. But I cannot ask for the updates to take place; I could probably if I had added the Update/Update All/etc buttons to the toolbar, but I didn't, and I can't access the Configuration menu now to add them.

I'll probably go the tlmgr --gui route, but I'm not sure it's exactly equivalent.

The problem seems to be a Monterey's bug, not a TLU's one. So right now I'm stuck until Apple fixes whatever needs to be fixed.

Bruno