[tlu] TLU 1.47

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 11 14:38:02 CET 2021

> On Feb 11, 2021, at 12:40 AM, Adam R. Maxwell via tlu <tlu at tug.org> wrote:
>
> New version released. The release notes should look fine from Sparkle if you're running one of the betas, but they'll be screwed up if you're running 1.41 or earlier. Sorry, I can't make them look right in both.

Howdy,

At least with the 1.42beta20 I was running the Sparkle window didn't stay in front of the updates window. I could get to it via the Windows menu.

Other than that the update went smoothly and it runs and looks fine here.

> The progress bar has a further tweak since the previous beta, but it works fine on Mojave and Big Sur in my limited testing.
>
> Changes Since 1.41
>
> • Minimum version is now 10.9, due to Xcode changes. Since Mountain Lion and Mojave are the only releases since 10.6.8 that haven't completely sucked, dropping 10.7 and 10.8 is no great loss.
> • Sparkle framework is updated from a 13-year-old version (yeah, that was bad)
> • Fixed some German localization issues, I guess
> • Compile for Apple Silicon on Big Sur
> • Sell out my open-source principles and sign with official Apple developer certificate and notarize for Catalina and Big Sur
> • Fix context menu in update and other list views on Big Sur (and maybe earlier)
> • Revise progress bar in address field for dark mode and user-specified highlight colors (Mojave and later)
>
> https://github.com/amaxwell/tlutility/releases/download/1.47/TeX.Live.Utility.app-1.47.dmg

The <http://amaxwell.github.io/tlutility/> page still says 10.7.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz