[tlu] test request

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Thu Feb 4 16:48:14 CET 2021

> Le 3 févr. 2021 à 20:49, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> a écrit :
>
> Yeah, touch id is neat, and it's on my list of things to look into. It's not clear to me if this will work for 3rd party applications, or if it's only for Apple proper. If other 3rd party applications allow it, it might magically start working once I'm enrolled in the developer program.
>
> https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/106386

This was a quite interesting read. It feels incredible that an Apple personal in charge of Developer Relations has to create a test app in order to get information on how password/touch authentication works. So it's not just features that are undocumented towards the outside world, they are also undocumented within Apple!

Other than that, I wonder what this exactly means, when it is said that only Apple signed application/binaries can access touch authentication: does this mean only apps created by Apple, or apps signed and notarized by a developer having an Apple Developer ID?

Bruno Voisin