[tlu] First Time in a Long Time

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Mon Sep 16 06:58:49 CEST 2019

> Le 16 sept. 2019 à 06:43, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> a écrit :
>
> $ time tlmgr update --list --repository http://192.168.0.1
>
> [...]
>
> This address isn't reachable from my network, although I
> thought it was when I typed it in. I'm not sure if that
> corresponds to the situation we had with your webserver or
> not, so this may be meaningless.

I'm not quite sure to understand what you did: is 192.168.0.1 an address you knew not to be reachable, so you used it to figure out how long it takes for tlmgr to stop trying to contact a web server that isn't responding, or one that ought to be reachable but hasn't a proper tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb, to the same effect?

I'm asking this because at home all my devices have 192.168.1.* addresses, with 192.168.1.1 the router. I assume this is standard, so is this why you chose 192.168.0.1 which isn't Norbert's server address?

Bruno