[tlu] [ TeX Live Utility 2019 ] file sytem permission issue

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri May 10 16:26:59 CEST 2019

> On May 10, 2019, at 00:43 , Simon Kramer <simon.kramer at bluewin.ch> wrote:
>

>> Have you modified your umask globally by editing a systems file?
>
> 	only my own (user's) .bash_profile, that is, with "umask 0077"
>
> 	(IMHO, software installation ought to be independent of that, right?)

That file only affects programs you start from the bash shell. Any
program launched with Finder will inherit a different setting.
Check TLU's log output (Window menu) for umask warnings.

>> TLU should have given you a warning in that case.
>
> 	I have received no such warning.
>
>> What is the output of
>>
>> defaults read com.googlecode.mactlmgr.tlu TLMDisableUmaskWarningKey
>>
>> in Terminal?
>
> 	1

This means that you saw the alert at some point in the past and
chose to disable it. Quit TLU and run this command in Terminal:

defaults delete com.googlecode.mactlmgr.tlu TLMDisableUmaskWarningKey

Next time you launch TLU, I expect you'll see an alert.

-- adam