[tlu] Using 1.24b2
herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jan 28 00:56:17 CET 2016
> On Jan 27, 2016, at 4:55 PM, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> wrote:
>> Le 27 janv. 2016 à 21:54, Maxwell, Adam R <Adam.Maxwell at pnnl.gov> a écrit :
>>> On Jan 27, 2016, at 12:46, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>> PS: How do I find out where
>>> kMDItemContentType = “public.tex"
> Same here:
> $ mdls jfm-torus-theory.tex
> _kMDItemOwnerUserID = 501
> kMDItemContentCreationDate = 1998-12-28 14:10:10 +0000
> kMDItemContentModificationDate = 2015-03-13 14:08:06 +0000
> kMDItemContentType = "public.tex"
> kMDItemContentTypeTree = (
> kMDItemDateAdded = 2015-12-03 16:43:26 +0000
> kMDItemDisplayName = "jfm-torus-theory.tex"
> kMDItemFSContentChangeDate = 2015-03-13 14:08:06 +0000
> kMDItemFSCreationDate = 1998-12-28 14:10:10 +0000
> kMDItemFSCreatorCode = "TeXs"
> kMDItemFSFinderFlags = 0
> kMDItemFSHasCustomIcon = (null)
> kMDItemFSInvisible = 0
> kMDItemFSIsExtensionHidden = 0
> kMDItemFSIsStationery = (null)
> kMDItemFSLabel = 0
> kMDItemFSName = "jfm-torus-theory.tex"
> kMDItemFSNodeCount = (null)
> kMDItemFSOwnerGroupID = 20
> kMDItemFSOwnerUserID = 501
> kMDItemFSSize = 82739
> kMDItemFSTypeCode = "TEXT"
> kMDItemKind = "Document TeXShop"
> kMDItemLastUsedDate = 2016-01-27 13:43:46 +0000
> kMDItemLogicalSize = 82739
> kMDItemPhysicalSize = 86016
> kMDItemUseCount = 6
> kMDItemUsedDates = (
> "2016-01-14 23:00:00 +0000",
> "2016-01-17 23:00:00 +0000",
> "2016-01-18 23:00:00 +0000",
> "2016-01-26 23:00:00 +0000"
> When I set up my new Mac a couple a months ago, .tex documents opened initially with another app than TeXShop, I don't remember which one (I have BBEdit, TeXShop, Textures, Texpad installed, but I think it was none of them).
> So I used the Finder's Get Info window to set TeXShop as the default app for all .tex files, and I think it's worked OK ever since. But .aux files have a Textures icon, and .tex files no icon (ie just a blank one). I keep getting somewhat pissed off by this (which has been with us for years), but it seems that's hopeless and will never get fixed.
>> I think you have to use lsregister -dump and look through the entire database. And yes, this is wrong unless it’s defined by Apple (and if it is, well, about damn time).
> Done that
> $ /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework//Support/lsregister -dump > ~/Desktop/lsregister-dump.txt
> Not sure I'm interpreting the content right, but if I do the culprit seems to be LaTeXiT:
> Container mount state: mounted
> bundle id: 312992
> Mach-O UUIDs: 8238E15B-08E6-3300-8499-7E8CD7E7DCEC
> sequenceNum: 11223
> FamilyID: 0
> PurchaserID: 0
> DownloaderID: 0
> installType: 0
> path: /Applications/TeX/LaTeXiT.app/Contents/Resources/LaTeXiT Helper.app
> staticSize: 0
> storeFront: 0
> versionID: 0
> identifier: fr.club.ktd.LaTeXiT (0x80026c3d)
> canonical id: fr.club.ktd.latexit (0x8000ead4)
> version: 2.8 (0x0000080001000000)
> versionString: 2.8.0
> mod date: 6/2/2015 22:03:41
> reg date: 1/19/2016 19:54:07
> type code: 'APPL'
> creator code: 'LTXt'
> flags: relative-icon-path ui-element
> item flags: container package application extension-hidden native-app ppc i386
> icons: Contents/Resources/latexit.icns
> executable: Contents/MacOS/LaTeXiT Helper
> inode: 5224184
> exec inode: 5224206
> container id: 32
> execSDK ver: 10.6 (0x0000280000c00000)
> library items:
> schemesList: NONE
> activityTypes: pv-d3c6af713c7c99, NOTIFICATION#:fr.club.ktd.LaTeXiT
`LaTeXiT Helper.app' (in LaTeXiT.app/Contents/Resources gives rise to a problem with using QLColorCode.qlgenerator to, at least, create decent icon (when you turn on `Show icon preview' in Show View Options for the covering folder). I've got a version of LaTeXiT.app 2.8.0 with the Info.plist in `LaTeXiT Helper.app' fixed. You can also get the proper QLColorCode.qlgenerator there too. Get them both from my download site, <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10932738/index.html>.
The quote from the relevant email is:
Adam Maxwell solved the problem. It appears that LaTeXiT.app has a `LaTeXiT Helper.app' stored in LaTeXiT.app->Contents->Resources. The `LaTeXiT Helper.app', in turn, defines a public.tex UTI which is a no-no since only Apple is supposed to define public UTI types. By completly removing the UTImportedTypeDeclarations from the Info.plist found in LaTeXiT Helper.app->Contents and moving LaTeXiT.app to my Desktop and Back (to have LaunchServices rebuild the database QLColorCode is operational on .tex files again.
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
More information about the tlu