[tlu] Using 1.24b2

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 27 22:03:23 CET 2016

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 2:56 PM, Justin C. Walker <justin at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, Herb,
>
> On Jan 27, 2016, at 12:46 , Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> PS: How do I find out where
>>
>> kMDItemContentType             = "public.tex"
>> kMDItemContentTypeTree         = (
>>    "public.tex",
>>    "public.text",
>>    "public.data",
>>    "public.item",
>>    "public.content"
>> )
>>
>> when running mdls for a .tex file is coming from? I thought that was a no-no and only Apple should do that sort of definition.
>
> I’m not clear on where this comes from, or if it relates to a specific version of TLU, but for me (OS X, 10.9.5, TLU 1.23), I don’t see this.
>
> I just ran mdls on a bunch of .tex’s, and they all have this (forgive the large font):
>
>    kMDItemContentType = “edu.uo.texshop.tex"
>
> HTH
>
> Justin

Howdy,

I've seen it randomly change for me over time. Most recently it was set to one supplied by BBEdit (barebones software) and now it's public.tex and before all of that the one supplied by TeXShop, as you are showing. You never know when it will change.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)