[tlu] beta with support for TL 2016

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Apr 20 14:15:08 CEST 2016

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 9:50 PM, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I've just uploaded a new beta with support for the SHA-512
> hash check introduced for TeX Live 2016 pretest. If you're
> using the pretest, please give it a try.
>
> https://github.com/amaxwell/tlutility/releases/download/1.24b3/TeX.Live.Utility.app-1.24b3.tar.gz
>
> Note: as of now, update-tlmgr-latest.sh does not actually
> seem to update anything (I get the same version numbers
> after running it). At least it downloads, though.
>
> In theory, this will also work with TL 2015 and earlier,
> but I haven't yet tested it there.
>
> -- adam

Howdy,

Sigh... a few hours too late for that update for me. I believe Dick also grabbed before.

TLU 1.24b3 seems to take a very long time activate on my 2011 iMac running El Capitan. It may be that math.utah is still being hammered since I am getting a `Listing Failed' there.

Just went to hmc.edu repository and got a texlive.infra update notice. It all ran well. I've enclosed the section of the TLU log that looks relevant.