[tlu] new beta

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Oct 11 00:24:40 CEST 2015

> On Oct 10, 2015, at 5:14 PM, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at me.com> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 10, 2015, at 15:11 , Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm curious about the logic you're using to determine if the texbin path needs to be changed. Are you determining if you can find kpsewhich through the link to determine if things are ok? Just that I see so many failures to find kpsewhich listed in the expanded log.
>
> Those failures are all in setting up the environment. I could move this check earlier so it runs before trying to use kpsewhich, but there might not be a main window yet.

Howdy,

Would something like this work?

if (preference is /usr/texbin AND /usr/texbin !exists AND /Library/TeX/texbin exists} {
		switch preference to /Library/TeX/texbin
}

or is that what you're already using? Not good enough? I know it doesn't check to see of /Library/TeX/texbin points to a valid set of binaries; but is that a subsequent thing that you check for any setting of the preference set texbin path?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)