[tlu] PATH not propagated to *-sys scripts (Yosemite)

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Fri Jul 11 07:49:53 CEST 2014

> Just to be sure: after updating Mavericks to Yosemite DP, did you "install" /Applications/TeX/FixMacTeX2014.pkg as is required after any OS (re-) installation? I have no idea whether this would fix things or even run in 10.10, but you never know.

I should have clarified that TeX was not installed on this machine under Mavericks.

The MacTeX install did not go completely smoothly. For example, preference pane did not install. I’ll take a look at FixMacTeX2014.pkg.

> Side issue: is Yosemite NDA material and can it be mentioned here?

The NDA that I signed up to this year is a bit more relaxed then in previous years, but I should check the details. I’ve tried not to say anything about Yosemite itself that hasn’t been stated publicly by Apple.

If there are changes in how environment variables are handled with AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges, then that might be something under NDA.

> (I don't have it; every week or so I fancy joining the Beta Program, but then I realize this is my work, main and only OS X computer, and come back to my senses. Still, every week it's getting harder to resist.)

Even if you don’t move to 10.10 at this point, it’s worth it to get Xcode 6 betas. This is a big change.

Cheers,

-j